[sc34wg3] TMQL: Annex A "Predefined Environment"

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Thu Oct 9 08:07:14 EDT 2008

Hi Robert,

>> In general: The syntax is not valid acc. to the latest CTM draft,
>> especially ";" and "." are missing and "iko" was renamed to "ako".

> I definitely need help here. Maybe after the Leipzig meetings, we can
> spend a few minutes on fixing this?

Sure. If we put our limited CTM understanding together we should be
able to produce something useful. :)

>> I find it a bit suboptimal that the normative environment is a big
>> topic map,

> I do not think that the fact, that it is a topic map is an issue.  In
> fact, having data types defined ontologically and connected to
> functions is nice, IMHO.

Ok, my point was more that the topic map is not very readable. A
layout like <http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-operators/> is more readable.
The topic map is just a big chunk of text. It's more a presentation
issue.

[...]
> What I do not want is to have another formalism just for that, so
> what remains is

>   - reference some functionality elsewhere (XPath?, suggestions?)

>   - describe in prose, add some examples

Sounds good.

>> I'd prefer "datatype" and "variant".

> Fine with me. What about

>     'variants'

Either is ok, the plural form may fit better, though. :)

Best regards,
Lars
--
Semagia