[sc34wg3] WG3 fall/autum meeting at TMRA

Steve Pepper pepper at ontopia.net
Mon Apr 3 07:28:35 EDT 2006

I would like WG3 to consider holding its fall/autumn '06 meeting in Leipzig in conjunction with TMRA'06 [1]. TMRA itself
is October 11-12, probably preceded by one day of tutorials. I will be proposing to hold the WG3 meeting on October
13-16.

WG3's last two meetings were in North America (in conjunction with Extreme Markup 2005 and XML 2005), our next one is in
Asia (Seoul, May 2006) and the one after that is again in North America (Extreme Markup 2006), so come this fall/autumn
it will be time for something in Europe.

TMRA'06 provides an excellent collocation opportunity which will not cost us anything in terms of meeting rooms. By
collocating with TMRA we support the efforts of the University of Leipzig and contribute to help TMRA evolve into an
extremely important academic event for Topic Maps.

I am aware of the arguments in favour of the SC34 plenary taking place in conjunction with XML 2006, but I think WG3
should be prepared to meet independently if it suits our needs.

Please give some thought to this between now and the Seoul meeting.

Thanks.

Steve

[1] www.tmra.de
--