[sc34wg3] Association items

Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:18:43 +0200

* Nikita Ogievetsky

| It does not have to be topic type. It might be represented as a
| stand-alone association. At least that is how I approached faceted
| classifications.  Association between a class/category and all
| objects that exhibit this property.

Now I'm lost. How can you make jan an instance of the class of all
inquisitive people, using a class-instance association, without making
a topic type for that class?

| I would not argue with that... but how would you represent a unary
| association in XTM? Sorry - I must have not been following latest
| developments.

This was always possible:

  <association>
    <instanceOf>
      <topicRef xlink:href="#is-inquisitive"/>
    </instanceOf>

    <member>
      <roleSpec>
        <topicRef xlink:href="#person"/>