[sc34wg3] Association items

Nikita Ogievetsky sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 09 Jun 2005 07:06:39 -0400

Lars Marius Garshol
!
! * Nikita Ogievetsky
! |
! | Hmmm... Is not it a class-instance association?
!
! You mean that "jan" is an instance of the class of all inquisitive
! people?

Yes

! That is admittedly one way to model it, and I'm told some RDF
! people do it this way, but to me it seems somewhat odd as a topic
! type.

It does not have to be topic type. It might be represented as a stand-alone
association. At least that is how I approached faceted classifications.
Association between a class/category and all objects that exhibit this
property.

! A unary association seems like a better way to achieve the same
! thing.

I would not argue with that... but how would you represent a unary
association in XTM? Sorry - I must have not been following latest
developments.

--Nikita