[sc34wg3] And yet another...

Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:14:14 +0200

* Robert Barta

| Comments unavoidable, I would think :-))

Not really. If the thing were not interesting it would not merit
comments.

| Part I
|
| - First, thanks for suggesting a model.

You're welcome. :)

| - Is there an error in the translation?
|
|   (11, 14, 15, 1)
|
|   seems very inconsistent to me, the edge is labelled 14 which is
|   also the 'reifier' for the quadruple above.

Yeah, it's wrong. I had to change the numbering half-way through and
clearly got things muddled. Thanks for catching it. Corrected version:

(1, SOURCE_LOCATOR, 2, "file://example.xtm#lmg")
(1, TOPIC_NAME, 3, "Lars Marius Garshol")
(3, VARIANT, 4, "garshol, lars marius")
(4, SCOPE, 5, 6)
(6, SUBJECT_IDENTIFIER, 7, "http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/core.xtm#sort")
(1, 8, 9, "The person who wrote this document.")
(8, SUBJECT_IDENTIFIER, 10, "http://psi.ontopia.net/xtm/occurrence-type/description")
(11, TYPE, 12, 13) /* 11 is an association */
(13, SUBJECT_IDENTIFIER, 14, "http://psi.example.com/employed-by")
(11, 15, 16, 1)
(15, SUBJECT_IDENTIFIER, 17, "http://psi.example.com/employee")
(11, 18, 19, 20)
(18, SUBJECT_IDENTIFIER, 21, "http://psi.example.com/employer")
(20, SOURCE_LOCATOR, 22, "file://example.xtm#ontopia")

| - BTW, you seem to use the word 'model' in three different meanings.
|
|   "tolog as model"
|
|   "foundation model as model"
|
|   "quadruples form the model for the XTM file"
|
|   I have no problem with that, but I think this is an area where
|   careful wording is probably relevant.

Yeah. For "tolog as model" read "tolog as the basis for TMQL".

For "From this XTM file we'd get the model shown below" read
"From this XTM file we'd get the model *instance* shown below".

I think that clarifies things at least a little.