[sc34wg3] And yet another...

Robert Barta sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 15:38:43 +1000

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 09:48:13AM +0200, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> I've written up and published my proposal for a foundational model for
> topic maps.

Lars,

Comments unavoidable, I would think :-)) I'll break this up to make it
more digestable for everyone.

Part I

- First, thanks for suggesting a model. [ Does actually anyone keep
  track on the number of 'models' we have produced over the years? ]

- Is there an error in the translation?

  (11, 14, 15, 1)

  seems very inconsistent to me, the edge is labelled 14 which is
  also the 'reifier' for the quadruple above.

- BTW, you seem to use the word 'model' in three different meanings.

  "tolog as model"

  "foundation model as model"

  "quadruples form the model for the XTM file"

  I have no problem with that, but I think this is an area where
  careful wording is probably relevant.

\rho