[sc34wg3] a new name for the Reference Model

02 Jan 2003 10:50:23 +0100

* Steven R. Newcomb

| [...] I'm now thinking that I'd prefer just-plain "TM Metamodel"
| over "TM Information Aggregation Metamodel."

I have to say I agree. If we are to stick more than just "topic maps"
and "metamodel" in there we should have some idea about what those
extra words are going to do. Apart from giving us a pronounceable
acronym I don't see that "Information Aggregation" gives us anything
much.

| Changing names is traumatic, inconvenient, and annoying; I'd like to
| get it right this time so we don't have to do it again later.

Amen to that.