[sc34wg3] Simple Topic Maps (STM): An example of deserialization

27 Apr 2003 20:47:37 +0200

* Lars Marius Garshol

| What this means, when spelled out is that with SAM we would map both
| to SAM and be done, whereas you need to map XTM -> SAM, SAM ->
| SAM-TMA, and STM -> STM-TMA, and then align the STM-TMA and the
| SAM-TMA. You could obviously do XTM -> SAM-TMA directly, but that
| would still leave you with one more step than we use.

* Jan Algermissen

| Note however that, when topic maps are based on the TMM, there is no
| mapping between SAM and SAM-TMA. The SAM is the SAM-TMA, so the
| one-more-set argument doesn't actually count.

I'll try one more time. We could do XTM -> SAM and STM -> SAM, whereas
you would in this case do

  XTM -> SAM-TMA
  STM -> STM-TMA

and then you would have to map the two TMAs. That's three steps, where
we would use two.