[sc34wg3] The Norwegian National Body position on ISO 13250

Sam Hunting sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:01:34 -0400 (EDT)

> These are very good news. To add to the picture, let me add that
> there is a growing interest in the US for topic maps, especially
> within the government and open source communities.

I agree with Mary on the exponential growth of topic maps ("two, three,
many topic maps"), both in the open source and e-government arenas to
which Michel alludes:

http://www.etopicality.com/public_presentations/eGOV_2003-03-18/index.html

and elsewhere:

  http://www.etopicality.com/public_presentations/GS_2003-02-06/index.html

Interestingly, neither of these two approaches is particularly TAOist --
and since they are based on tmtk, which regards the TAO as one topic map
application among (potentially) many, they do not need to be.

Sam Hunting
eTopicality, Inc.

Co-editor:  ISO Reference Model for Topic Maps
  Topic map consulting and training: www.etopicality.com
Free open source topic map tools:  www.gooseworks.org
  XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.