[sc34wg3] draft Reference Model

Mason, James David (MXM) sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:39:04 -0400

I want to raise a procedural question: How do we want to process this
document, N298?

I think we're having productive discussion, and that should continue.

But I'd like to get a common reference object established that we can point
our browsers to (don't ask me whether it gets a PSI).

The editors issued a document, Sara gave it a number, and we put the thing
up on the Web. About a day later, the editors said they wanted to issue a
revision with some bug fixes resulting from the first questions. That's OK,
but it ought to go up on the Web, too, probably as N298 Rev.

The discussion is ongoing, and I suspect another new document will emerge
before Barcelona. I think that document should get a new number. Even if we
go through several new numbers in the next month, that will be OK. But we
need to set down benchmarks so we can all know what document we're talking
about (and so that we're all talking about the same thing).

Jim