[sc34wg3] Re: [tmql-wg] TMQL Issue: Functions and Predicates as first-class topics

Geir Ove Grønmo grove at ontopia.net
Thu Mar 15 08:23:33 EDT 2007

On 3/15/07, Lars Marius Garshol <larsga at garshol.priv.no> wrote:

> And how hard is it to explain, anyway? Let's see if I can do it:
>
>    Each function becomes a topic of type tmql:function, with an internal
>    occurrence tmql:return containing the query expression. The function
>    name becomes an item identifier for the topic.
>
> Doesn't look like it's much of a problem to explain.

Hmm, lots of unanswered questions just popped up in my head:

 - In *which* topic map should the function become a topic? The topic
map which the query is executed against? The topic map that *holds*
the query itself? Or is it implementation specific?

 - Will it be possible to put different queries in different topic maps?

 - Will it be possible for an individual query to evaluate expressions
on itself?

--
Geir O.