[tmql-wg] TMQL, next round

Robert Barta rho at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 10 23:40:57 EST 2007

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 03:24:19PM +0100, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
> ......... In other words: the committee can freely choose what
> functions it wants to include in the language for any particular
> type, and there is no obligation to make it exactly the set of
> functions provided by XPath 2.0 for that datatype.

Yes, theoretically we are autonomous. On the other hand, if developers
recognize an already known body of functions (from whereever they come
from), then the adoption-rate is much higher.

We all remember the time(s) when we had to learn a new language. The
most cumbersome part was always "how do I do this in language L?"
browsing through the libraries....

\rho