[tmql-wg] TMQL, next round

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Thu Mar 8 08:56:32 EST 2007

Hi Robert,

Do you mind to open a new thread for every issue? It would help (at
least me) to keep the overview. :)

[...]
>    TMQL Issue: Error compatibility
[...]
>    At the moment, the TMQL standard does not detail the errors which
>    can occur during the static/dynamic analysis; and it also does not
>    give the errorenous situations a name.
[...]
>    Structured Discussion

>       ? Should the TMQL standard name all error situations
>         + higher compatibility between TMQL implementation
>         - less freedom for implementors

I like the idea of standard errors. At least some error codes should
be part of the standard (like SQL and XQuery do). I don't think that
it cuts the freedom for impl. significantly.

Best regards,
Lars
--
http://www.semagia.com