[tmql-wg] TMQL, next round

Robert Barta rho at bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 8 04:32:35 EST 2007

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 08:22:27PM +1000, Robert Barta wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 05:48:34PM +1000, Robert Barta wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 07:10:23PM +1000, Robert Barta wrote:
> > > I will also post the above issues here, one by one. ......
>
> What about something more philosophic ;-)
>
>    TMQL Issue: Is everything a 'thing'
>    ===================================

OK, one other issue is whether TMQL should specify the possible error
conditions or whether it should leave everything to the
implementation.

   TMQL Issue: Error compatibility

   Impact on Language: high
   Background

   At the moment, the TMQL standard does not detail the errors which
   can occur during the static/dynamic analysis; and it also does not
   give the errorenous situations a name.

   From a language perspective this is not necessary, but OTOH, it
   impedes compatibility between TMQL processors as one application
   has to expect potentially different sets of exceptions.

   Structured Discussion

      ? Should the TMQL standard name all error situations
        + higher compatibility between TMQL implementation
        - less freedom for implementors

\rho