[sc34wg3] More Topic Map Opportunities - Standardizing Federal Transparency

Patrick Durusau patrick at durusau.net
Tue Apr 17 15:22:40 EDT 2012

Greetings!

http://ow.ly/alnWH

> The 14 founding members include vendors Microsoft, Teradata,
> MarkLogic, Rivet Software, Level One Technologies and Synteractive, as
> well as the Maryland Association of CPAs, financial advisory
> BrightScope, and data mining and pattern discovery consultancy Elder
> Research. The coalition board of advisors includes former U.S. Deputy
> CTO Beth Noveck, data and information services investment firm partner
> Eric Gillespie and former Recovery Accountability and Transparency
> Board Chairman Earl E. Devaney.

I don't really think the entire federal government of the US is going to
become uniform and transparent.

And if it did, there is still the need to map back into the bad old days
of non-uniformity and non-transparency.

To say nothing of the vast areas of darkness in financial sectors.

Anyway, thought I should pass it along. I am sure there is going to be
lots of work, some of it useful.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

PS: Other transparency initiatives?

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick at durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)
OASIS Technical Advisory Board (TAB) - member

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau