[sc34wg3] TMQL Chapter 4, Sections 1 + 2

Patrick Durusau patrick at durusau.net
Tue Jul 7 07:48:07 EDT 2009

Lars,

Just quickly as I dash out the door for another round with the American
medical establishment. ;-)

Lars Heuer wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> [...]
>
>>> I am not sure if it makes sense to discuss the current draft in detail
>>> since there seems to be attempts to change TMQL "Here, There and
>>> Everywhere".
>>>
> [...]
>
>> Well, I don't know of any other draft to discuss other than the one before
>> WG 3. At least that would focus the discussion on what is known, even if
>> parts of it are unwanted. ;-)
>>

> :) There is no other draft, of course, but the community (that
> includes me to some extend), seems to be unhappy with TMQL. I think
> TMQL is consistent (with a few bugs) but I like to change some things
> and I think TMQL would gain a higher acceptance in the community if
> some things change and some things are dropped. I am not talking about
> a new language here, I just think that TMQL needs some further work
> and I hope the community (and committee) follows the "fixing issues"
> path.

No disagreement at all. Higher acceptance is always a good thing. I
happen to think discussing a nearly finished draft in terms of what
should stay and what should go will be more productive in terms of
reaching a final draft sooner rather than later.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau