[sc34wg3] TMQL: limit / offset

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Sat Feb 28 11:41:56 EST 2009

Hi all,

>> SQL is quite widespread, so disallowing the order that SQL uses (and
>> SPARQL allows) doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
>>
>> Allowing both orders is fine.
[...]

I support that proposal.

> We can do that, so instead of a
[...]
> PS: And now I only need someone remark, that we "should make the
>    language simpler". >:-}

Hmm.... These comments are neither funny nor helpful. TMQL is a
complex language. And we're talking about two levels here:
- Simplifying TMQL (i.e cutting support for XML)
- Make TMQL more userfriendly (i.e allowing SQL-ish constructs and a
more modern syntax)
  Allowing the SQL-ish way to express the limit / offset clause does
not add much to the complexity of TMQL.

Best regards,
Lars

--