[sc34wg3] CTM, clause 3.12

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Wed Feb 25 10:06:19 EST 2009

Hi Lars,

> (I may have reported this before. If so, apologies.)

> Production 62: variable	? '$' (identifier - ['.'])

> This production seems meaningless. What does

>   identifier - ['.']

> mean?

It should mean that the variable name may contain everything from the
the "identifier" production but no dots '.'

The rationale was that TMQL forbids '.' in variable names and we
started with the goal that CTM should be similar to TMQL (syntax wise)
and vice versa.

I can simply paste the rule for "identifier" without the dot into the
variable production or do you have a suggestion how to express that in
the grammar?

Best regards,
Lars
--