[sc34wg3] CTM: Semicolons, dots and other assorted syntax issues

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Fri Feb 13 07:26:05 EST 2009

Hi other Lars,

> I prefer option 2b, because I think it's easier to teach/learn. The

May I ask which mergemap-syntax do you prefer?

> rule goes: semicolons between statements in topic blocks, periods to
> end topic blocks. End of story. However, I can certainly live with 2a
> as well.

I can live with both. On one hand I like the simple syntax of the
mergemap directive (without brackets etc.) on the other hand I like to
write directives without any terminator (2b). The latter is very
convenient for the prefix-directive. But if we need the terminator
(2a) I'd prefer the dot over the semicolon for directives.

Since nobody has spoken up for the other proposals, we should either
choose 2a or 2b, right?

Best regards,
Lars
--