[sc34wg3] TMQL issues for Seattle

Patrick Durusau patrick at durusau.net
Sun Aug 30 11:50:27 EDT 2009

Greetings!

In the absence of any documents being submitted for the Seattle meeting
of WG 3 on TMQL, I would like to draw everyone's attention to the
following documents which were previously posted for the committee's review:

Current TMQL Draft:
http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/open/1054.pdf

Requirements:
http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/open/0448.htm

Use Cases:
http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/open/0449.htm

Use Case Solutions:
http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/open/0492.htm

Since NBs are already responsible for having read these documents, I
assume that these documents can form the basis for a discussion of
"where do we go from here?" In particular, what does the current draft
fail to do or could be done another way? In order for the editors to
produce a draft that answers concerns with the present one, those
shortcomings need to be specified.

The current draft has editorial issues, such as treating prose as
"non-normative," which I think would come as a surprise to the staff at
ITTF. They are in the habit of dividing prose into normative vs.
non-normative prose. I suspect the proposed division in the current
draft would come as quite a surprise.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Seattle!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick at durusau.net