[sc34wg3] XLink support in XTM

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at ontopia.net
Tue Apr 25 04:04:43 EDT 2006

* Lars Marius Garshol

> Well, let's go through these one by one:
>
>   - We already reference IRIs, and can't escape that whether we use
> XLink
>     or not. So no win there.
>
>   - The escaping of characters in URIs we may need, and may decide
> to solve
>     by referencing XLink (as opposed to actually using the XLink
> namespace).
>     I'll double-check this.
>
>   - We don't use xml:base, so no win there.
>
>   - We decided long ago not to use XPointer for references
> internally in
>     XTM, so no win there, either.

I've checked now, and XTM *does* specify the escaping of characters
in URIs:
   http://www.isotopicmaps.org/sam/sam-xtm/#sect-iri-from-string

I could replace those two sentences with one sentence and a reference
to XLink, but it hardly seems worth it for just that.

--
Lars Marius Garshol, Ontopian               http://www.ontopia.net
+47 98 21 55 50                             http://www.garshol.priv.no