[sc34wg3] Agenda for 22-25 May

Kal Ahmed sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 16 May 2005 09:51:01 +0100

Dear all,

I have a comment to make on the agenda for the WG3 meetings next week. I
note that  no substantive work on ISO 13250 or TMCL/TMQL to be done on
the Sunday, but that TMQL work is now scheduled to be done on the
Wednesday. I would like to raise my objection to this schedule as it
does not allow for members of the WG to also attend the opening day of
the XTech conference. I understand that the work scheduled for Sunday is
a review of the TM-RDF work being carried out with W3C, and a
presentation of OWL in topic maps - while both are interesting items for
the WG members, I believe that it would be better to be given a choice
between attending these sessions or the XTech conference rather than
scheduling things such that conference attend ees are not able to
participate in WG3 standards work.

If the argument for scheduling WG3 meetings to coincide with conferences
is that people will travel to the conference anyway, it seems illogical
to me that those meetings should then do substantive work that overlaps
with the very conference we are attending!

I therefore ask that the reports on RDF/TM interoperability be moved to
the Wednesday and that the rest of the agenda be reorganised so that all
standards-related work takes place prior to the XTech conference.

Best regards

Kal