[sc34wg3] Association items

Nikita Ogievetsky sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 06:53:41 -0400

Lars,

! |
! | But to me the "unconstrained" scope caries the topic map
! | (authorship) context.
!
! I think that's fair enough, but it's difficult (and unnecessary) to
! represent this in the model (or the prose), since there is no notion
! of an author in topic maps. You don't know who the author of any given
! piece of information is, so we can't really add this in the model. It
! has to be up to individual users to apply this themselves when they
! use someone else's topic map. (Or their own, for that matter.)
!

Almost agree. Only there is a way to put in the model by changing 3.32:
unconstrained scope

the scope used to indicate that a topic characteristic assignment is
considered to have unlimited validity "within the containing topic map".

Regards,

--Nikita