[sc34wg3] Subject Locators

Jan Algermissen sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:07:36 +0200

If you intend the semantics of your resource to be 'a fixed document
instantiation (bits and bytes)' then use the URI of the resource to
reference it. There is no point in using the URI as a subject locator
since the resource already represents the bits and bytes.

The whole distinction between subject locator and subject indicator
simply does not make sense on the Web.

(Admitedly I refused to accept this myself for over two years, but at
some point decided just to accept it....and *then* I was able to
understand it.)

Jan