[sc34wg3] Re: Comments for new TMDM, XTM from Japan

Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:38:09 +0200

Dear Naito-san,

* Motomu Naito
|=20
| Japan national body reviewed the new TMDM and XTM draft.
| We found that allmost all comments we did for Amsterdam meeting were
| reflected.  Thank you very much for your good job. :-)

Thank you, and thank you very much for reviewing the document again at
such short notice.
=20
| We have a question about TMDM.
| Why "base locator" property was removed from the 2005-07-13 version
| of TMDM?

It was removed in response to comments asking what the semantics of it
were. No good answer could be found to this, and so it was decided to
remove it. (See slides 14 and 15 from N0640.)

| I also attach two EXCEL files. One is table of the information item
| types and their properties for 2005-01-10 version of TMDM, and the
| other is one for 2005-07-13 version of TMDM.

Excellent! I think these are quite useful, and that you could post the
last one on your web site in PDF format.

I include replies to the National Body comments below.

* Japanese National Body

| 1. Clause 5.4 Topic name items, Computed value:
|=20
|    "the topic name item"
|     should be
|    "the topic item"
|    becaue of only "topic item" has [topic names] property.

Accepted.
=20
| 2. Clause 6.2 Merging topic items
|=20
|    [roles played] property should be added to the procedure for
|    merging.
=20
This is a computed property, so the value of it cannot be manipulated
directly. Also, the result of steps 2 and 3 in 6.2 will be that the
[roles played] property will be updated, since computing it after that
step will produce the right value for C. So updating this explicitly
is not necessary.

(The same applies to [parent].)

| 1. Clause 5.1 General, 2nd sentence in 2nd paragraph in NOTE:
|=20
|    "XTM syntax"
|    should be
|    "XML syntax".

Accepted.=20
=20
| [on XTM]
|
| 1. The title of this document is "XML Syntax", while the term "XTM
| Syntax" is used in the content of this document.  Those terms should
| be unified.

This has been added to the list of issues to be discussed in Montr=E9al,
and will be settled there.

Thank you very much for your comments.

Best regards,
--=20