[sc34wg3] A plea for CTM and a request for more input on requirements and evaluation

Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:27:13 +0200

* Gabriel Hopmans

| The latest version of the requirements collected so far are available at:
| http://www.mssm.nl/tmp/2005.07.22CTM-reqs.txt

Some comments below.

I think (a) can be broken up and removed. I think it should only state
that CTM must be usable within TMQL, but (d) already does that better.
The rest of it can be merged into (h), and the reference to Huffman
encoding probably isn't very helpful.

In (b) I think "stand in the way of" could be improved. Perhaps
something like "must be syntactically aligned with"? (Which makes it
very similar to (c), so perhaps (c) should be dropped, and the example
moved into (b)?)

I think the "if" before (t) can be removed. There is no qualification
of (s), so I think we can just assume that (s) applies.

I think (u) can be reformulated to:

  (u) CTM must support embedded markup

which is in any case implied by (s). So maybe (u) can be removed?