xml:id RE: [sc34wg3] Compact syntax requirement question

Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:50:30 +0200

* Robert Barta
|=20
| Exporting AsTMa=3D, for instance, from TMDM would produce something,
| but it is probably gibberish to most. This is a problem with AsTMa=3D
| (and with LTM, I would assume), that both languages are _built for
| humans_ (and not for XML machines).
=20
It depends how you do the export. A na=EFve, straightforward export like
what's usually implemented for XTM will give a gibberish result. But
try exporting LTM from the Omnigator[1], and you'll actually get
relatively nice results. It too quite a bit of thinking (and code) to
produce that result, but it's doable. (For the record, nearly all of
the thinking I'm referring to was done by Steve Pepper.)

| IOW, I am not sure whether you can have (a) AND (b).

I think an implementation has to choose between the two, but that the
spec does not.
=20
| Maybe this would be another requirement/issue. Thx for bringing this
| up.

It's definitely an issue.

[1] The online demo doesn't support that, but if you download the
Omnigator you'll get a version that does. The support was added in OKS
2.2.

--=20