[sc34wg3] Compact syntax requirement question

Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:50:14 +0200

* Murray Altheim

| Perhaps I'm unclear on the real requirements we're talking about
| here -- I was under the impression that a requirement for ID support
| would be used by those building processors that would be able to
| perform deserialization of XTM document instances.

We've been talking at cross-purposes, then. I was thinking of
requirements for the new CTM syntax. ID support is already required
for XTM processors, so there's no need to add any such requirement.

| Precisely what I alluded to above, i.e., that Kal's particular
| experience in building TM4J would be very helpful in understanding
| the ramifications of *not* requiring IDs for XML processing of XTM
| document instances. He may have additional ideas on this as well.

I guess, but I don't really see any problems here.