[sc34wg3] Re: Reducing redundant constructs

Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:13:37 +0200

* Patrick Durusau

| Yes, set theory does say exactly what you have recited below.

So we agree on that. :)

| The question is: What is the "set" in question.

Clearly, yes. TMRM says it's only the set of properties.

| If it is only the set of values, then yes, your reading is correct.

The definition of a proxy seems pretty clear to me.

| If the set in question is an identifier, plus a set of values, then
| the fact that sets of values are "identical" does not lead to the
| same result.  At least if the identifiers are different. If they are
| the same, then again, you are correct.
|
| That may not get us any closer to agreement but it is now clear what
| I am contending?

Yes, it is, but you seem to be contradicting your own draft. Not sure
where the resolution to that lies.