[sc34wg3] Dates for Amsterdam WG3 meeting

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 00:19:12 +0100

Ken Holman has brought to my attention that the XTech conference
in Amsterdam in May is from Tuesday to Friday, instead of Monday
to Thursday, as was usual for XML Europe.

At the DC meeting WG3 decided to meet Friday to Sunday, as is our
wont: i.e., May 20-22. We now have the option to meet Saturday to
Monday and still have three days.

Since some people may already have booked flights, I am loath to
change our dates without consulting with the WG.

Please let me know what you prefer (via this list) as soon as
possible. I would like to set a deadline of Feb 18 for a final
decision.

My own opinion is that we need all the F2F time we can get. We
have 3 FCD ballots and (hopefully) 3 CD ballots to consider, so
there's a lot to do. I suggest that we meet as planned starting
on Friday 20th. If we're done in three days, we get a bonus day
off in Amsterdam.

Please let me know the WG's pleasure.

Steve

--