[sc34wg3] Reference Model Workshop

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 25 May 2004 21:11:25 +0200

[Those intending to take part in the RM Workshop in conjunction
with Extreme should reply to this email immediately...]

* Patrick:

| We agreed to have a reference model workshop in connection with the
| Extreme Markup conference but left the details a little loose.
|
| As I recall, we want to go for two (2) days and the original suggestion
| was that we start on 31 July. I understand now that 1 August might be
| better due to travel conflicts.

Yes, we thought we might not need more than one day but decided
to give ourselves two to be on the safe side. We chose July 31st
and August 1st in order not to conflict with tutorials on August
2nd.

I second your proposal that we treat this like a WG3 meeting in
terms of making papers available at least 4 weeks beforehand.

| Please respond to the list concerning your intention to attend the
| reference model workshop beginning either 31 July or 1 August with a
| note on your preference.

July 31st is problematic for me. I have been asked to give a
presentation on topic maps on July 30th in the UK and wouldn't
be able to get to Montreal until the evening of the 31st.

Since I won't be attending Extreme, committing to a trip to
Montreal knowing I'll miss the first day of what might just be
a one day meeting doesn't make a lot of sense :)

So moving the workshop to August 1st, with the possibility
of extending it to August 2nd, would work best for me, but
it would mean Lars Marius missing day 2 because he is giving
a tutorial.

Moving it to August 1st would also make it easier to get a
room. IDEAlliance is not sure they can help us on the
Saturday.

What say you others? Who is/was planning on attending the
meeting? Would July 31st or August 1st work best for you?

Dmitry/Graham: Are you still planning on being there?
Robert: Can you be persuaded to change your mind?
Steve: What works best for you?
Patrick: Can you manage July 31st after all?

Steve

--
Steve Pepper <pepper@ontopia.net>
Chief Strategy Officer, Ontopia