[sc34wg3] Documenting merging rules in TMDM

Sun, 14 Mar 2004 13:58:28 +0100

* Lars Marius Garshol

| An executive summary of the above would read something like this:
|   Patrick, what you are saying makes no sense.
| We can continue to play this game for a long while yet, but that is
| the reality.

* Patrick Durusau

| Well that really says it all doesn't it?

Yes, it does.

| I posted what I thought was at least a partial reply to Steve's
| questions and in addition to your substantive comments (something I
| readily concede to be the case), I get brag and abuse.

No, you got technical arguments. Feel free to counter them if you
want. I'll read what you write, and if I feel it has merit I'll say
so. If I feel it doesn't have merit I'll keep my answer short and
civil.

(Also, if you read it again you'll see that absolutely none of that
message talks about *you*, only about your statements.)

| FYI, despite your apparent opinion, I am not playing a game but
| engaged in a serious attempt to make sure the restated ISO 13250
| captures all the power of the original.

So am I, and that is why this gets so frustrating. I realize your
intentions are good, but intentions do not affect the technical merit
of arguments.

| Regret that you see my efforts in some other light.

"Game" was perhaps going a bit too far. That came from my frustration
with having to argue against arguments whose merit I am unable to see,
even with the best of will.

I take that back. I realize you are not playing a game, and I
shouldn't have said that. My apologies.

| I do hope you are having a great day!

Likewise!