[sc34wg3] And yet another...

Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:08:23 +0200

* Robert Barta

| Part IV (last one)
|
| - You write that
|
|       This proposal originally came out of the author's search for an
|       efficient representation of topic maps....
|
|   Do you regard an FM-like representation as an efficient one?

Yes. That's just a side-effect, though, and not something that matters
for the purposes of this discussion.

| - You write that
|
|       The definition will probably live in a corner of the TMQL
|       specification and be part of the machinery used to define TMQL
|       without the model itself being normative in any real
|       sense. Further, TMCL can then use bits from the TMQL
|       specification (the model, the vocabulary, the semantics) for its
|       own purposes.
|
|   Should not be this
|
|      EITHER completely INSIDE TMQL
|      OR factored out and USED by both, TMQL and TMCL
|
|   ?

I think so, yes. This is orthogonal to the issue of which simpler
model we choose, though. Whether we use FM/Tau/RM/somethingelse
doesn't really affect this question.

|   [ Here I refer to the diagram which I have sent to Ann, Steve
|     P. and others about my suggestions on the arrangement of the
|     standards. ]

You didn't send it to me, so that reference doesn't help much.