[sc34wg3] FW: Proposal for Starter Content

Robert Barta sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sun, 07 Sep 2003 16:56:09 +1000

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 08:36:44PM +0100, Murray Altheim wrote:
> If there aren't any IPR issues and there is a base URL available,
> I'm happy to do this work, BTW. I'm looking for all sorts of
> upper ontologies that my target audience (fiction and nonfiction
> writers) can use as classification schemes. I'd like to use Dewey,
> but can't because of copyright (apparently).

In case someone wants to look at this through TM-glasses, I have
converted the subtype relationships into TM as provided by Matthew. It
is a rather naive translation, ignoring components and constraints
completely:

  http://astma.it.bond.edu.au/

If you have ideas about a more direct translation into TMs, please
let me know.

\rho