[sc34wg3] Draft agenda for Montreal meeting

Freese, Eric D. (LNG-DAY) sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 08:08:42 -0400

I will be attending the meetings during the mornings only on Saturday,
Sunday and Monday.  I, unfortunately, have not been able over the past few
months to be as active in the topic map world as I would have liked,
including participation in the OASIS TC work.  Therefore, while I do attend
the WG3 meetings under the auspices of OASIS, I am probably not the best
source of current information on what is going on in the TCs.  We will, I
believe, have one or more of the TC chairs there to provide a status, if
desired.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary Nishikawa
To: sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org; sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sent: 7/30/2003 8:47 PM
Subject: Re: [sc34wg3] Draft agenda for Montreal meeting

At 11:47 AM 7/30/2003 +0200, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

>* Patrick Durusau
>|
>| Not sure how profitable a discussion of the liaison work with OASIS
>| will be until we reach a common understanding of how the work in
>| OASIS will be progressing. Not objecting to the discussion, just
>| think it will be more productive with a common understanding of the
>| future of the OASIS work.
>
>I agree with Patrick on this. Let's do the OASIS discussion first,
>then work out the ISO-OASIS relationship, if indeed that does need
>working out.

from what I understood from Jim's reply, somebody from OASIS would need
request (with their OASIS hat on) to give a progress report of the group
as
part of the liaison. This is possible. Is somebody going to be there
that
will represent OASIS and want to give this report? I remember that Eric
Freese seemed to be at the meetings as an OASIS representative.