[sc34wg3] Subjects, role players, and user-defined association types

03 Jan 2003 20:10:40 +0100

* Sam Hunting

| I have facets in my mental checklist, BTW. Not sure whether a
| separate "model [sic]" is required or not.

For what it's worth, I think the SAM covers them. The only thing that
remains is to write up how HyTM deserializes into the SAM so that
people see how it works.

| (I see an assertion type that is called topic-facet, and the facet
| role player needs to be a name/value pair. There is also an asertion
| type called facet-notation. But the devil is in the
| details... THere's the constraint of "pair-ness" on the facet role
| player, and the constraint of "notation-ness" on the notation
| role-player, and I don't know how to exrepss either of those. I
| havne't thought abnout it hard enoguh, I assume).

I wouldn't go there. We don't need facets. We've got topics and
associations, and that's all we need for this.