[sc34wg3] Topic Maps land and SAM land

Jan Algermissen sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:53:20 +0100

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> | In any case, an RDF statement is still not equivalent to an RM
> | assertion. You need several RM assertions to describe an RDF
> | statement.
>
> I'd still be curious to hear why this is the case.

Lars,

I wrote down some thoughts about a processing model for HTML/Dublin Core
here:

    http://www.topicmapping.com/psi/dc/dc.html

The text is based on PMTM4 so there is an implicit TM Model already
there (providing the semantics of SubjectAddress and SubjectIndicators)
but besides that, the mapping of the HTML Syntax to assertions works
as it would work with the RM (+ a given TM Model).

The approach for RDF/DC would be equivalent.

Jan