[sc34wg3] The interpretation of facets

Michel Biezunski sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sat, 26 Apr 2003 20:31:26 -0400

Steve,

The issue you are raising about facets
touches the question on what and how
to reify and is one of the central issues
the TMM is addressing. I urge you to
read it again in this perspective. Maybe
this time you will be able to understand
it more than the first time you tried,
because you would have an angle with
which you can read it.

I don't think that the SAM as exposed
now is able to address this, because
precisely of some of the weaknesses it
has about reification. By the way these issues
need to be studied at length. In
the current state, we are facing
serious interoperability problems
such as how to interpret facets.