[sc34wg3] SAM 3.4.4 Reification and 3.4.5 Properties

Luis J. Martinez sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
18 Apr 2003 13:28:02 -0400

> * Luis J. Martinez
> | I think the paragraph above is wrong. There is nothing special about
> | having a set of classes, entities, items, whatever you want to call
> | them, each with a set of properties. The semantics of how this
> | "things" are managed is what is needed to process knowledge.

> I agree completely. Which leaves me wondering what we disagree on. :)

I guest I was under the impression that the SAM was a standalone model
to define the implementation of Topic Maps applications. By your
explanations, now I think that the SAM just defines the Topic Maps
components for the purpose of deriving interfaces. The meaning and
principles of Topic Maps is define in the RM. So the information that
I am missing is in the mapping between the SAM and the RM.

That is now very clear to me. I think I am more clear on the scope of
the SAM.

Luis