[sc34wg3] Questions on N0396: (6) topic map item (how do I find all occurrences?)

Jan Algermissen sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:39:52 +0200

Since there is no [occurrences] property on a topic map item,
does that mean that conforming applications need not provide
a way to find all occurrences in a topic map? Does it mean
that implementations are free to choose how they provide such
information?  Doesn't that provide less interoperability than
the SAM could provide? Is that a good idea?

The same applies to names and I do think that finding all names
in a topic map belongs to the most basic interactions with
topic maps.

Jan

--
Jan Algermissen                           http://www.topicmapping.com