[sc34wg3] PRE-ANNOUNCEMENT: something new coming soon

Sam Hunting sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:26:49 -0400 (EDT)

> [1] Please note that no disrespect is meant by this. I can't say
>     "Steve", because to me, "Steve" is the guy with the white beard.
>     "Steve Newcomb" is a bit long, and in any case I quite like the
>     hacker convention of using three-letter acronyms to refer to
>     people. (RMS, ESR, GLS, GvR, ...) Let me know if it is annoying,
>     though, and I'll stop.

I have often felt that the TNC came to be in part becaue of the constant
presence of two "Steve"s in the same room ...

Then again, to me "the guy with the white beard" is named "Patrick".

Understood that no disrespect is meant but as it turns out even the
identity of discernibles is confusing.

Probably for complete disambiguation SRN and SP would be the best....

No, wait, "SP" is parsing software... in a case- (and in many other ways)
insensitive operating system at least ...

Sam Hunting
eTopicality, Inc.

Co-editor:  ISO Reference Model for Topic Maps
  Topic map consulting and training: www.etopicality.com
Free open source topic map tools:  www.gooseworks.org
  XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.