[sc34wg3] to advance Topic Maps

Patrick Durusau sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:56:10 -0400

Graham,

Well, two replies in one day!

Graham Moore wrote:
<snip>

>The new RM clearly confuses model and metamodel. The ability to describes properties in TMAs as SLDPs is a metamodel principle. i.e. the id property on this java class is of meta-type SLDP. In constrast to this there is a definition of a data model. This doesnt need to be a problem but needs clarification. When defining a TMA what 'maps' to the model defined and what must be defined in terms of 'meta-model' types.

Not sure I understand the requested clarification. The TMA defines what
properties are SIDPs and which are OPs. The TMM operates as a constraint
on defining a TMA but it does not determine which properties are SIDPs
and which are not. That is defined by the TMA.

Have I missed the problem badly?

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau