[sc34wg3] ISO style guide

Sam Hunting sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 10:52:27 -0500 (EST)

Is there such a thing?

I'm asking this question because of recent discussions on "should" and
"shall." It may be that the ISO uses these words in (perhaps subtly)
different ways than (say) W3C. If so, we should know, and a style guide
would tell us.

Also, during the course of drafting this version of the RM, Martin Bryan
made a series of extraordinarily helpful suggestions, based on his
knowledge of the usual (mandated?) structure for an ISO standard.

But it would be best to have this knowledge direct from the source, rther
than relying on individual voices and arcane lore.

If no electronic copy an an ISO style guide exists, but a printed one
does, could copies be made of it and distributed in Baltimore?

Sam Hunting
eTopicality, Inc.

"Turn your searching experience into a finding experience."(tm)

Topic map consulting and training: www.etopicality.com
Free open source topic map tools:  www.gooseworks.org

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.