[sc34wg3] issue : ISO 13250 official document accessibility o n-line

Mason, James David (MXM) sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 15:34:08 -0400

We have checked the server thoroughly, and there are no constraints on
access to it. However, it appears that some ISPs may not have kept =
their DNS
up to date and so cannot find the server, much less get to the data on =
it.
This server gets pretty heavy use at some times of the day, and it may
simply get bogged down, with the result that connections time out.

Just for a check, see whether you can reach 134.167.250.53, which is =
the IP
of the server. The server has also been known as y12web2.ctd.ornl.gov.

There is another copy of the site at www.ornl.gov, though the home page =
on
that site (http://www.ornl.gov/sgml/sc34/sc34oldhome.htm) is =
(deliberately)
not up to date. However, if you substitute www.ornl.gov for =
www.y12.doe.gov
in any address, it should get you to another copy of the files.

I can e-mail the file to anyone who can't get through to the server. (I =
have
just verified that the address in Bernard's message gets to the right =
file,
even over a dialup connection.)

Jim

http://www.y12.doe.gov/sgml/sc34/document/0322_files/iso13250-2nd-ed-v2.=
pd
>=20
> There is an obscure but persistent problem with this server which =
blocks
> access to some
> kind of users ...
>=20
> I suggest that this issue should be discussed in Montr=E9al, and that =
> provisional solution
> would be to have a copy of that document under isotopicmaps.org for
> instance.
>=20
> BTW as you know, I am gathering Topic Maps resources in Open =
Directory
> =
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Artificial_Intelligence/Knowledge_Representati=
on
> /Topic_Maps/
>=20
> Reproduced by Google Directory (with a few weeks of update delay and
> specific Google
> PageRank order)
> =
http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Artificial_Intelligence/Knowle=