[tmql-wg] TMQL, next round

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Wed Mar 7 09:28:58 EST 2007

Hi Robert,

[...]
>> IMO the following datatypes should make it into TMQL:
[...]
>> - xs:date
>> - xs:dateTime ???
>> - xs:time ???

> ??? means 'maybe'?

Yes, it means "maybe". Sorry, I should have made it more explicit. :)
I think the date/time datatypes are a 'nice to have' but I don't mind
if they don't make it not into the standard.
Sidenote: SPARQL does not support any date/time datatype natively.

> Well, there is no _strict_ dependency, but I would find it somewhat
> sleazy to offer a data type, but not the functions related with it.

> So with xsd:string would come

>     http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/#string-functions

Ok. The question is, if we want all functions in the default namespace
or if we provide an own namespace for it and define a minimum set of
functions which all impl. have to support.

Best regards,
Lars
--
http://www.semagia.com