[tmql-wg] subjectIndicatorRef and resourceRef in TMQL

Rani Pinchuk Rani.Pinchuk@spaceapplications.com
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:30:21 +0100

> | Can I assume that XTM 1.1 follows the TMDM?
>
> Nope. It's near-identical to XTM 1.0.
So the TMQL we are working on has no XTM to be used with? Or can we
assume working with XTM 1.1 ?

> | 2. I saw that there is in TMDM type for each base names but not for
> | the topic. However, in the XTM 1.1 there is instaceOf for both the
> | topic and the baseName. Is that a backward compatibility issue?
>
> Not really. XTM has <instanceOf> for topics because having to write
> that out as full associations is very verbose, and since nearly all
> topics have a topic type a shorthand is useful. It's just a shorthand,
> but a useful one.
So what is the relation between type of Topic and type of its baseName?
Can you give an example? Can it be that a topic and the baseName of it
will have different types? or maybe baseName "inherit" the type of the
topic (or the opposite)?

I understood (maybe wrongly?) that a scope of a base name is actually
the scope of the topic. I guess this is the source of confusion I have
with the type for both the topic and its base names.

Those questions probably explain the my problem with 5.2.2.20.

--
Rani Pinchuk
Software Engineer

Tel.: + 32 2 721 54 84