[tmql-wg] Result set requirements

Rani Pinchuk Rani.Pinchuk@spaceapplications.com
Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:55:46 +0100

> think there's a tension, if not necessarily an outright conflict,
> between phrasebooks and nice OO designs.
I am not sure I understand that, and although it is quite a drift from
the actual subject, I will be happy if you explain it.

> | I have had totally different experience - the separation of the
> | presentation details from the rest of the application (and the same
> | with the separation between different languages - like SQL and the
> | programming language around it) makes the application a lot cleaner,
> | and REALLY gives the graphical designer the ability to change the
> | look and feel of the application without needing the programmer
> | help.
>
> Here I tend to agree with Robert: really don't want graphical
> designers messing with your Perl/Java/XML. Well, *I* don't, anyway. :)
Again, I am not sure I understand the above - I say exactly the same (I
think): I don't like non-programmers to mess with my code, so because of
that I program according to the Skin pattern, and then the
non-programmers mess only with the templates. This worked for me for at
least 5 years now in many projects, and made everybody happy.

> BTW, Rani: did you do a use case solution document for Toma? If so,
> could you repost the URL, because I can't find it. Thanks!
Not yet... sorry.. was extremely busy... I will try to do it ASAP, and
then will put it online.

Rani