[tmql-wg] Combining Tolog and path expressions

Thu, 04 Mar 2004 17:30:34 +0100

* dmitryv@cogeco.ca

| I think that it is possible to introduce simple path expressions
| into tolog without changing tolog semantics. It will help to create
| more compact queries.

I like this idea, and think it is worth pursuing. (Anyone interested
in the detail of what Dmitry and I discussed can look at the IRC
channel logs[1].)

| One of the discussed syntaxes:

Here I think the <type expression> should be merged with other types
of conditions, since there seems little reason to consider it a
different kind of thing.

In general I like the idea, though. The main thing missing seems to be
a consistent syntax and model for the path expressions that fits into
the existing language. Something can probably be found, but I don't
feel that it's happened yet.

[1] <URL: http://www.ontopia.net/topicmaps/irc/irclog/ >
    see 2004-03-04 and 2004-03-03