[tmql-wg] Result set requirements

Dmitry dmitryv@cogeco.ca
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:43:49 -0500

On Feb 26, 2004, at 5:08 PM, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> * dmitryv@cogeco.ca
> |
> | declare default subjectIndicator
> | namespace="http://psi........com/defaultpsi/#"
> | [...]
>
> Hmmmm. Interesting. This is similar to what I thought of, though I was
> thinking of recycling the LTM syntax, something like this:
>
>   evaluate
>     now-associated-in-new-way-that-we-just-found-out($A : role1, $B :
> role2)
>   for
>     were-already-associated-in-way-one($A : role1, $C : role3),
>     were-already--associated-in-way-two($C : role2, $B : role14)?

Actually, constructors can be "literal" and explicit. LTM-like literal
constructor can be equivalent  to XML literal constructors in XQuery

For example,

topicmap     ## this is an explicit constructor
{

    [johnSmith]            ## literal constructors

    [paper20040226]

    topic         ## explicit constructor
    {
          id{someOtherTopic}
    }

    is-author-of(johnSmith:author,paper20040226:work)

    ## but we also can include code here
    {
          for $X in <tolog predicates with free var X$>
          return
                   [$NewID={<some code>};{<some code>} ]
    }
}