[tmql-wg] Result set requirements

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ontopia.net
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:06:49 +0100

* dmitryv@cogeco.ca

| I personally prefer explicit XQuery-like constructors.
|
| We can have constructors for XML, lists and Topic Maps as default set.
|
| And we can allow to provide additional set of constructors (wiki
| pages, for example)
|
| Constructors, I think, can be mixed with any "select" query language.

That's an interesting idea, I think. Personally, I'm not clear on what
I prefer, but it would be interesting to see the constructor approach
and compare it with what AsTMa? does.

I have to admit I hadn't thought of this myself, but it does seem that
you can do TM -> TM transformations even with something as un-tm-ish
(to use Robert's terminology :) as tolog. I already had an idea for TM
constructors for tolog, but didn't think of them being used in this
way.

Hmmmmmmmm.